Prearranging allows you to make decisions about your funeral in a relaxed, thoughtful manner, releasing your family from this responsibility during an emotionally difficult time. Families tend to take comfort at the time of death, simply knowing their loved one’s funeral reflects his or her wishes.
When family members come into Metcalf Funeral Home after a death has occurred they often struggle with the simplest questions. On a normal day it is easy to remember Mom’s maiden name or the title of the song that Dad always hummed. But hours by a hospital bedside or the shock of a sudden death can make arranging a funeral one of the hardest tasks a person will ever face. Recording your wishes in advance benefits your family tremendously.
Benefits of Advance Planning:
Steps in Advance Planning
- Makes your personal wishes known
- Spares your family from wondering “Is this what Mom wanted?”
- Means that your family can be involved in making these difficult decisions
- Relieves your loved ones of the financial responsibility
The pre-planning process has four simple steps. Some people elect to do all four steps in one visit. Others prefer to take their time in making these decisions. We will work with you at whatever pace you desire. The four steps include:
- Recording vital statistics and family information
- Determining the type of service you prefer
- Calculating the cost of the funeral selected
- Deciding how and when you want to pay for the arrangements
If you choose to pre-fund your arrangements, you have a variety of options available to you. You may choose to make one single payment or take advantage of any of our flexible payment plans. We can help guide you through your options so you can make an educated decision.
Metcalf Funeral Home has several experienced consultants to assist you with advance planning. If you would like more information on pre-planning, call us or email us at 402-474-6161 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our pre-preplanning partner at www.whypreplan.org
for more information.